By Soni Daniel
Kaduna – The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, on Wednesday, recovered 17 exotic vehicles in a warehouse said to belong to a former Comptroller-General of Customs, Abdullahi Dikko Inde, located at Nnamdi Azikwe Street, Kaduna. The recovery was sequel to an intelligence report the Commission received that stolen money and properties suspected to be proceeds of crime were being warehoused at the former custom boss’ premises. Upon receipt of the intelligence, a team of operatives from the Kano Zonal Office of the EFCC were deployed to carry out the investigation on the matter.
On arrival at the location, two individuals who were identified to be the custodians of the property – Dantala Mohammed and Ahmed Balarabe were presented with a search warrant. In the course of the search, a total of seventeen vehicles among which are brand new cars, shuttle buses and SUVs were found in the premises. Consequently, the vehicles and the two individuals were conveyed to the Commission’s zonal offices in Kaduna and Kano respectively. Investigation revealed that the warehouse in question actually belongs to the former customs boss. Particulars of the vehicles recovered include:
- Black color BMW 525i series, 2010 model with chassis number WBAFR7108BC262936.
- Ash color Hyundai Velester, 2012 model with chassis number KMHTC6AD4CU056038.
- Dark Blue BMW 325i, 2003 model with chassis number WBAEV31090KL48386.
- Black color Land Cruiser Prado Jeep, 2014 model with chassis number JTEBU3FJ50K082080.
- Black colour Mercedes G wagon, 2013 model with chassis number WDB4632361X207661.
- Black color BMW 335i series, 2012 model with chassis number WBA3A91040F268895.
- Silver color Peugeot 406, 2002 model with chassis number VF3BBRFNR81519018.
- Black color Land Cruiser Prado Jeep, 2014 model with chassis number JTEBU3FJ10K082352.
- Yellow color Toyota FJ Jeep, 2007 model with chassis number JTEZU11F68K001301.
- Black Toyota Avensis, 2013 model with chassis number SBIBL76L20E037245.
- Dark ash colour KIA Cadenza, 2011 model with chassis number KNALN414BC5093288.
- Silver colour Porsche Cayene, 2009 model with chassis number WPIZZZ9PZ9LA12738.
- Golden colour Honda Accord, 2013 model with chassis number IHGCR2634DA620609.
- White colour Nissan Urban Bus, 2006 model JNITF4E25Z0715833.
- White colour Nissan Urban Bus, 1996 model with chassis number JTFJXO29P605023996.
- White Toyota Hiace Bus, 2010 model with chassis number JTGJXO2P4B5020268.
- White Nissan Bus, 2009 model with chassis number JNITA4E250011697. The two suspects arrested are in custody assisting the EFCC in investigation.